From the Leader in Spectral Data
Accelerate food testing & analyses with focused, high-quality spectral data
Quality Data. Results You Can Rely On.
You know how important it is to have comprehensive, quality spectral databases in your food testing labs to ensure fast, confident, and accurate results.
With Wiley’s NEW Food, Flavors, Fragrances, and Related Compounds GC-MS Library, you can accelerate your analytical workflow with a collection specifically designed to provide the compound coverage you need when it comes to food testing and product development.
With this KnowItAll subscription, you get access to more than 13,000 GC-MS spectra with focused compound coverage including essential oils, lipids, volatile organic compounds, terpenes, herbicides, insecticides, and other compounds of importance for food, flavor, fragrance, and cannabis applications.
- Covers a broad range of compounds and applications
- Includes access to many popular databases such as Adams’ Essential Oil Components, Lipids Mass Spectral Database (Mondello), and more
- Along with spectra, records contain physical properties and structures when available
- Data is carefully reviewed by Wiley experts to ensure it meets quality standards
This GC-MS database is an invaluable resource for analytical chemists in detection, identification, analysis, quality control (QC), and quality assurance (QA) in food and food-related industries.
- Quality control
- Quality assurance
- Product screening
- New food/product development
- Cannabis and hemp
- Flavors and fragrances
- Food and food safety
- Essential oils
- Natural products
- Oils and lipids
- Perfumes and cosmetics
- Pet food
Trusted Data from a Trusted Source
Wiley is the authoritative source for spectral data. Our renowned databases are processed according to rigorous protocols to ensure they are of the highest quality. Qualification procedures start at data acquisition and continue throughout the database development process. Any data acquired from trusted partners is thoroughly vetted before inclusion in our collections.
Subscription includes access to the following databases:
- Adams’ Essential Oil Components (GC-MS): 2,205 spectra
- Mass Spectra of Volatiles in Food (CINFR): 1,598 spectra
- Biologically and Environmentally Important Organic Compounds (Isidorov): 1,926 spectra
- Mass Spectra of Pesticides 2009 (Kuhnle): 1,238 spectra
- Lipids Mass Spectral Database (Mondello): 430 spectra
- Mass Spectra of Flavors and Fragrances of Natural and Synthetic Compounds (Mondello): 3,462
- Mass Spectra of Pesticides with Retention Indices (Mondello): 1,300
- Plus 1,500 additional records
When it comes to spectral analysis, the more data you have the better. Wiley spectral databases provide much more information than simply the spectrum.
Database records include the following valuable details when provided for the record such as:
- Chemical Structure
- Chemical Name
- Exact Mass
- GRAS Classification
- Molecular Weight
- Nominal Mass
- Retention Indices (RI)
- SMILES strings
- Source of Sample
- Source of Spectrum
- SPLASH IDs
Compatibility / Requirements
Requires KnowItAll Analytical Edition. See KnowItAll supported instrument formats here: