New tools accelerate MS and IR spectral analysis
HOBOKEN, N.J. – September 28, 2022 — Wiley, a global leader in research and education, today announced the KnowItAll 2023 software release. The software upgrade aligns with Wiley's ongoing effort to expand KnowItAll's capabilities, which now include an expert tool for non-targeted mass spectrometry analysis that can significantly reduce analysis time, a patented solution to analyze vapor phase IR spectra of synthetic cannabinoids, and more.
Wiley's KnowItAll software, combined with the world's largest collection of spectral reference databases, provides one of the most advanced platforms for spectral analysis, along with integrated solutions for data management, processing, chemical structure drawing, and scientific communication.
KnowItAll 2023 significantly improves and automates its mass spectrometry processing and analysis workflows and adds a new classification algorithm to its already impressive spectroscopy capabilities:
- The new MS Expert can save users time by combining fast, flexible deconvolution with reference database search into a single, automated workflow to identify components. This system automates TIC import and processing for non-targeted analyses.
- The new AnalyzeIt Vapor Phase IR uses a patented technology to classify synthetic cannabinoids by examining the distinct bridge carbonyl band patterns synthetic cannabinoids exhibit.
“KnowItAll provides time-saving expert automations for spectroscopy and spectrometry. The software leverages spectral data, algorithms, and machine learning, so that it does the heavy lifting for data processing and analysis, allowing users to be able to dive into the detailed analysis or to move on to the next task,” said Graeme Whitley, Product Director of Wiley Science Solutions. “Each release adds value and innovation for our customers to accelerate their workflows.”
Other highlights in this release include:
- Improved property field filtering, more accessibility features, SDF file preview, and display options
- Expanded and improved file support for Agilent, JEOL, PerkinElmer, Shimadzu, Thermo, Waters, and other data file formats
- Improved interface for manual GC-MS Analysis in the KnowItAll ProcessIt application
- Supported comparison of chromatograms (in addition to IR and Raman) to a selected reference file with QC Expert
Learn more about Wiley's KnowItAll Software and Spectral Libraries at https://sciencesolutions.wiley.com.
KNOWITALL and CHEMWINDOW are trademarks of John Wiley & Sons, Inc. in certain jurisdictions.
ABOUT KNOWITALL SOFTWARE
KnowItAll Software offers solutions to analyze and manage multiple types of spectral and chemical data in multiple file and instrument formats. KnowItAll's integrated toolsets eliminate the need for multiple software packages and increase overall lab efficiency. Combined with the world's largest spectral reference database—including the Sadtler and Wiley's renowned spectral libraries and spectra from trusted partners—KnowItAll gives chemists the most advanced technology available for spectral analysis and chemical structure drawing. Learn more at sciencesolutions.wiley.com.
Wiley (NYSE: JWA) is a global leader in research and education, unlocking human potential by enabling discovery, powering education, and shaping workforces. For over 200 years, Wiley has fueled the world's knowledge ecosystem. Today, our high-impact content, platforms, and services help researchers, learners, institutions, and corporations achieve their goals in an ever-changing world. Visit us at Wiley.com, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
For further information and media enquiries, please contact:
Geena De Rose
Sr. Manager, Global Communications & Media, Wiley (US)