What is the support policy for newly-licensed Wiley KnowItAll products?
Wiley Informatics will provide free, unlimited email Technical Support for the entire Service Life of the product during published Technical Support hours (weekdays 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time) for its software and database products. The Service Life terminates on the End of the Technical Support Date for the product version licensed. (See Wiley Informatics End of Technical Support Policy below.)
Wiley Informatics will provide free software upgrades, patches, and fixes on all newly-licensed products for a grace period of one (1) year after the date of original license.
To receive software upgrades, patches, and fixes after this grace period, a customer must license one of the following:
- Option A: Wiley Informatics Upgrade Plan – Within two (2) years after the initial license date, a Wiley Informatics Upgrade Plan may be licensed. The Plan fee is 20% of the then-current list price of all components originally licensed.
- Option B: Buy an Upgrade to the Original Products – In the third year after the initial license date, an upgrade to the original products must be licensed. The upgrade license fee is 75% of the then-current list price of all components originally licensed.
- Option C: Re-license the Newest Version of the Original Products – After three (3) years beyond the initial license date, the entire product and all components must be re-licensed at the then-current list price.
All software upgrades, patches, and fixes will be available via download. USB Installations are available on request at an additional fee. Customers will be contacted when major upgrades are available for download from the Wiley Informatics web site.
Wiley Informatics reserves the right to require that a customer upgrade to the most current version of the product to resolve a product issue.
Customers who license a KnowItAll Spectral Library annual subscription may be eligible for a complimentary Wiley Informatics Upgrade Plan.
- Certain Wiley software products directly associated with a KnowItAll Spectral Library annual subscription may also be covered under the complimentary Upgrade Plan.
- Third-party add-ons distributed by Wiley are not eligible for a complimentary Upgrade Plan. A fee of 20% of the incremental value of the third-party add-ons must be paid to add them to the Upgrade Plan; otherwise, the software version cannot be upgraded.
- Software products not associated with a KnowItAll Spectral Library annual subscription are not covered under the complimentary Upgrade Plan. Additional coverage under the Upgrade Plan may be licensed for software products not associated with a KnowItAll Spectral Library annual subscription.
What if additional options are licensed after the initial license?
- All additional licenses must be added to an existing Wiley Informatics Upgrade Plan.
- The Wiley Informatics Upgrade Plan will be based on the current list price.
Can the Wiley Informatics Upgrade Plan be renewed?
- Yes. At any time before the Plan expires, it may be renewed for any number of years at 20% of the then-current price of the products originally licensed per year.
- The Plan cannot be renewed for only a portion of the product components currently contained in a single license. All product components not covered by the Wiley Informatics Upgrade Plan must be made inactive.
What if the Wiley Informatics Upgrade Plan is not renewed?
- If not renewed, all benefits of the Plan will cease immediately following the Plan's expiration date.
Can the original Plan be renewed more than one year after the expiration date?
- No. After one year, the current upgraded version of all products originally licensed must be licensed for 75% of the current list price at the time of the upgrade license.
- A new Wiley Informatics Upgrade Plan may then be licensed to cover the upgraded product for any number of years, based on the above pricing.
- The new expiration date will be based on the license date of the upgrade.
Wiley Informatics End of Technical Support Policy
- Engineering Support– Support and potential workarounds as well as fixes and patches to the current major version of the software. Engineering Support is only available for the current version of the software.
- Technical Support– Support and potential workarounds, but not software fixes and patches. Technical Support for an old product version is available for two (2) years after the release of a new product version that supersedes the previous product version.
- Version Launch Date– The date upon which Wiley's Informatics Division begins shipping a new version of a product.
- End of Engineering Support Date– The date after which Wiley's Informatics Division will no longer provide software fixes and patches for a product version.
- Engineering Support will be provided for the newest version of a product until the subsequent version of that product is released.
- No software fixes or patches will be provided for old product versions.
- End of Technical Support Date– The date after which Wiley's Informatics Division will no longer provide Technical Support for old product versions.
- The End of Technical Support Date for a product version will occur two (2) years after the release of the version of the product that supersedes that version.
- After the End of Technical Support Date, Wiley Informatics will no longer provide any Technical Support for that product version. This is synonymous with the End of Service Life for that specific version.
Current Versions Version Launch Date End of Engineering Support End of Technical Support 2023 September 23, 2022 To Be Determined To Be Determined 2021 August 3, 2021 September 23, 2022 September 23, 2024 2020 July 8, 2020 August 3, 2021 August 3, 2023 Unsupported Versions Version Launch Date End of Engineering Support End of Technical Support 2018 March 19, 2018 July 8, 2020 July 8, 2022 2017 September 22, 2016 March 19, 2018 March 19, 2020 2015 October 6, 2015 September 22, 2016 September 22, 2018 2014 April 24, 2014 October 6, 2015 October 6, 2017 2013 July 19, 2013 April 24, 2014 April 24, 2016 9.5 July 19, 2012 July 19, 2013 July 19, 2015 9.0 August 12, 2011 July 19, 2012 July 19, 2014 8.3 October 15, 2010 August 12, 2011 August 12, 2013 8.2 March 15, 2010 October 15, 2010 October 15, 2012 8.1 September 28, 2009 March 15, 2010 March 15, 2012 8.0 November 20, 2008 September 28, 2009 September 28, 2011 7.9.5 April 16, 2008 November 20, 2008 November 20, 2010 7.9 November 20, 2007 April 16, 2008 April 16, 2010 7.8 May 30, 2007 November 20, 2007 November 20, 2009 7.5 August 4, 2006 May 30, 2007 May 30, 2009 7.0 June 15, 2006 August 4, 2006 August 4, 2008 6.0 September 14, 2005 June 15, 2006 June 15, 2008 5.0 December 23, 2004 September 14, 2005 September 14, 2007 4.1 September 10, 2004 December 23, 2004 December 23, 2006 4.0 April 30, 2004 September 10, 2004 September 10, 2006 3.1 December 29, 2003 April 30, 2004 April 30, 2006 3.0 September 9, 2003 December 29, 2003 December 28, 2005 2.2 June 6, 2003 September 9, 2003 September 8, 2005 2.1 March 20, 2003 June 6, 2003 June 5, 2005 2.0 August 23, 2002 March 20, 2003 March 19, 2005 1.3 May 17, 2002 August 23, 2002 August 22, 2004 1.2 January 18, 2002 May 17, 2002 May 16, 2004 1.1 September 20, 2001 January 18, 2002 January 18, 2004 1.0 May 24, 2001 September 20, 2001 September 20, 2003
Subscription Renewal Policy
Wiley Informatics products can be licensed on a subscription basis. To account for time lost due to shipping, the end date of a subscription will be defined as the length of the subscription term plus an additional two weeks after the date on which the product has shipped from the Wiley Informatics Division manufacturing facility in the U.S.
A subscription may be renewed for additional terms. Subscription renewals have a product code that is different from the product code of the initial new subscription. If a subscription is renewed late, the subscription renewal date will not be changed, which means that the number of usable days remaining in the subscription will be less than that of a full subscription term. If a new, higher priced subscription rather than the lower priced subscription renewal is purchased, the new subscription end date will be reset as defined above.